LCMT2019 says THANK YOU to all 600 riders, our sponsors, partners and most of all the people who helped to realise the adventure. Up now towards 21-24 May 2020!
Great atmosphere and fun in sunshine edition!
- All results for the more competitive riders in LCMT can be found on our webpage 'RESULTS' now!
- Editorial story follows here asap!
Great fun in LCMT: all riders started now!
LCMT had a very good start this morning! Follow us on Facebook and on the Sporthive Live App (incl. Live Tracking of riders)
- Beautiful start this morning at the new location of RESC Houffaloise. With the good weather coming on (every day a bit warmer and sunnier) names just 230 LCMT'ers on the bike a flawless start to 10u16.
- The Sporthive Live App was massively activated. By the way, for all who have their date of birth has not yet passed: they could LIve Tracking on the App via the Bis Connect WIzard to easily activate by as date of birth now defaults to 1/1/2000. All those who already earlier via the form, their date of birth had been given to use of course their real date of birth.
- On Facebook, we posted fillmpje and first series of photographs of the start and first few kilometers.
- Tonight is also the first film of the videoploeg Krewcollective.
- Saturday and Sunday there will also be a photographer along. That will just about any of the more than 600 participants personally try to shoot. For the CYCLO will that near the abbey of Clervaux. Same BIKE, but the latter can, of course, also on Sunday still 'flashed'.
- All teams on the road: ride 1 is almost finished for tomorrow!
- Daily is the La Chouffebar open! Large cozy tent at the arrival site. You can leave shower stuff every day safely leave in the canteen football club. So you can after the shower extra long to enjoy the 'ambiance' in the mighty backdrop of the Saint-Roch-plateau! As of Friday, also burgers and pizza at every finish available. Who contract for the buffet every evening, at 19h in the big tent. There is also every evening/night, the movie of the day shown! (on big screen)
Road- & infobook LCMT 2019 online!
the official info- and roadbook of coming LCMT-event is now online. For the moment only the version in Flemish has been published. During the weekend an English version will also be published. You will be able to click on that link too. As for now, all is in Dutch/Flemish, while using this link:
LINK VERSION DUTCH
Newsletter 5 May '19: your size for the T-shirt, choosing dinner in big tent? and other practical info!
Here is the English version!
The LCMT is
getting closer. A while ago you got a newsletter containing the question to
your own souvenir t-shirt. This t-shirt is a classic but also unique gift for
any LCMT participant. If you have not already passed the required size, then
this may still up to 8 may by in the t-shirt-link to open this form. Please
note: after May 8, can no longer be your size and you get a t-shirt that we
have in stock.
Supper in large tent by the RESC Houffaloise soccer stadium
Many participants this year not staying in the hotel but booked a gite or holiday cottage. There are also participants who stay in mobile homes. We know in these people the opportunity to take dinner at the start/finish zone. We provide together with the local football club in an excellent bar and catering. There will be a large tent next to the football stadium. A local caterer is responsible for delicious and sumptuous meals. The meals must be reserved in advance. Dinner keeps going by starting from 18 h 45. The price is €17 per person per night including dessert. Only drink is not included but will be at a very reasonable price available in the football club run by the ' bar '.
Subscribe for dinners using this link: pick your LCMT-dinner! You get afterwards the deposited amount confirmation. In the start package provided at the inscriptions the paid food coupons will be attached.
è cost for 2 dinners:
EUR 34 (at the latest on May 24, your payment by bank transfer ougt to be
è for 3 dinners you will pay 51 EUR (e.g. triathlon, Combi-tour or if you wish to dine ' evening before ' already on Thursday...)
Thursday 30 may:
Ø evening buffet with cold vegetables
Ø lasagna maison
Ø penne carbonnarra
Ø macaroni with vegetables and tomato sauce
Ø French bread
Ø chocolate mousse
Ø evening buffet with cold vegetables and cold pasta
Ø paella with vegetables, cod, prawns, chicken, chorizo
Ø French bread
Ø fruit salad
Saturday 1 June:
Ø evening buffet with cold vegetables and cold pasta
Ø grilled ham with brown sauce
Ø dish of mixed vegetables
Ø panna cota with raspberries
What distances do you choose? XL, large or medium?
And because we hope to gather now all preparational feedback from you, we ask you to indicate what distance you want to bike daily. That is certainly for the practical organisation of the CHRONO-formulas of importance. CLICK ON THIS LINK: CHOOSE DISTANCE
Please note that who has chosen “CHRONO”, you will only be classfied in the FINAL STANDINGS if you cycled/biked each stage for either “XL” or either “Large”. Who switches between XL and large may get a ranking of the day, but obviously not in a ' final score '. For the rest we would like to know the estimated number of cyclists/bikers per distance in function of splitting our supplies along the trail.
a number of practical guidelines, which you soon will receive again also in your info-Road book (digitally sent a few days before the start).
Ø Bike Parking: to 19 h on the football field, afterwards at vayamundo
Ø massage: to 19 h on the football field, afterwards at vayamundo
Ø Bicycle mechanics of FietsSOS and Bicycle-Fix! See the message on the facebook page of Saturday 4 may as well as under ' partners ' (sponsors) a word of explanation.
Ø doctor: between 6 pm and 7 pm + also after 8.30 pm there is consultation possible at hotel Vayamundo (room next to the massage on the ground floor)
Ø Bicycle cleaning: in two places possible, directly to the finish to the football stadium as well as still at Hotel Vayamundo
Ø showers: the accommodation of RESC Houffaloise football club and if you stay in hotel in your room of course. Please note: hotel requires an extra amount if you still want to keep the room in the afternoon on the final day. You better arrange this with the front desk at Vayamundo.
Time to order your LCMT-outfit!
We have prepared the new collection of LCMT-bicycle shirts! Have a look on the picture down below: the new cross-duathlon shirt (dominant color = white) is now added to the collection! Whether you are in for competition and so obtaining the leaders shirt, or take no risk and order him now online using the Bio-Racer/LCMT-webshop! Top quality of Bio-Racer and very tastful design! Also customized with your name on the back-side of the jersey.
Use this link to find your suitable cyclewear:
BE FAST, because the webshop is only opten till 20th April! L
Another souvenir - which ALL participants will receive as a gift - is the souvenir-T-shirt! All you need to do here is fill in your size and whether you are masculin or feminin. Use this Link for the LCMT-souvenir-T-shirt
Newsletter LCMT 2019 - 10 March '19
See also the video that we made about the new and spacious start/finish environment on and around the football stadium of RESC Houffaloise!
Practical arrangements are already made in and around Houffalize:
- the new start/finish location will be built with a large tent (300 seats capacity): all registration packets can be picked up there + the space is also used for buffet dinner in the evening and breakfast in the morning.
- pre-register will of course be necessary to an estimate to the caterer
- Anyway 2 menus per night from which one can choose, this is certainly a response to the participants who are not staying at the hotel Vayamundo see also the motor-home campers.
- motorhome users: we still have a lot of place! To the cost of the electricity group pressing we ask a contribution of 15 to max. 20 EUR per day. The price drops as more mobile homes will be present. At least 1 month before we will know that price. Included here also: use of water (football stadium) and toilets/showers (in football stadium).
- There will come very soon a survey in which you shall be asked you what your options are around whether or not participate in the buffet, the same as for the final choices with or without time recording, formula (cyclo, mtb, etc ...) and distant choice (especially important if you wish time recordings). For all these issues we give you a deadline to which we want to know your answer around these issues.
Further in that survey we ask you also to pass your t-shirt-size selection.
Meanwhile, the leader's jersey design for the CROSS-DUATHLON classification has been created: it is a pristine white shirt with Navy Blue top. Compare to the MTB-yellow leader's Jersey, but the gold is here virgin-white.
We are also proud to announce the soon coming introduction of the first real LCMT-café: the BIKING BOX, a bicycle experience center including bar, tearoom and rental pick-up location in Ypres nearby the famous Menin Gate Memorial (Last Post). All participants of LCMT will be invited to come and visit us on several occasions. We have started up also a crowdfunding hoping in this way to finish the work of having this building ready for its future destination a bit faster. Use this LINK to learn all about it! And we thank you already for your support. But don’t worry, our rewards are pretty well!
New stage profiles of the mountainbike tour? Have a look!
Book your hotel now (final days of exclusivity for LCMT-riders)
You can also park your mobilhome at the finish-zone + the organisation will provide each day superb 'sporting dinner' in the LCMT-buffet!
As for the current still available tickets for the LCMT-events itself, it's getting close also: only 20 remaining MTB-tickets and 50 road tour tickets available now...
Latest video here!
More videos about coming LCMT HERE
FAQ: How daily starts will be organized? (+ video presentation LCMT2019)
Escorted by police & organisation vehicles from hotel towards daily official start
Riders staying at the hotel Vayamundo are given the facility to cycle with the group at a leisurely pace to official starting point, the RESC Houffaloise football stadium. The organisation provides safe guidance in consultation with local police. We cycle through the center of Houffalize, avoiding the steap St.-Roch climbing and following the main road 'Rue de Bastogne', till we go back right arriving at the football stadium. A good warming up! Daily departure : 30 minutes before official start from car parking nearby hotel Vayamundo. Riders who stay elsewhere of course may join the group! Still everybody is free to make it at the official start by his/her own means (even using your car as there is enough parking nearby the stadium).
Shortcut to start with Saint-Roch climbing (112 ascent meters) is a matter of personal choice (2,3 km 'shorter').
This group escorted warming up ride will take approximately 15-20 minutes. Still a bit of time left to install yourself in the start-boxes.
Start boxes, what?
Especially for the mountainbike contest we work with start boxes. First day = 50 first registrated mountainbikers + top 10 of last year's edition in BOX 1. They start behind organisation and police cars on a neutralized downhill (big road), before going left and climbing the Saint-Roch hill. On that moment OFFICIAL START will be given. In the mean time second group follows a minute later also behind ORGANISATION CAR. But this group will have closed the gap with Group 1 just before starting the climbing of Saint-Roch.
Finally BOX 3 = all fun-bikers (no competition): as a fun-biker you are allowed to start with group 2. Or you stay in BOX 3, waiting until first passage (after Saint-Roch) of the others. On that moment all fun-mountainbikers can follow the competition bikers, without having done the steap Saint-Roch climbing.
On day 2 and day 3 BOX 1 will be filled up according to your general standings!
How does daily start procedure works for ROADTOUR-riders?
On day 1 and 3, the stage starts straight south-east or south-west,immediately along smoothly up and down roads. No 'steap' wall-climbing in the start! On day 2, the whole group goes down back to Houffalize center behind ORGANISATION & POLICE cars. Afther having crossed Houffalize town, official start will be given once we are on the road up to La Roche.
How does it work if you are a CROSS-DUATLETE?
Cross-duathlon is part of the 3 days mountainbike tour. All cross-duatletes start 5 minutes before official start of MOUNTAINBIKE-tour is given. Thev have a 6 km trial run to do first. After getting back at the finish/startzone, they pick up their mountainbikes in a guarded parking box and they start the LARGE-stage (not the XL-distances!). After the biking part another trial run of 6 km has to be done.
more detailed info under the webpage INFO/GENERAL INFO)
LCMT 2019 open now: go to subscribe page
Ga naar de inschrijvingspagina op deze website en maak uw keuze duidelijk!
Verder blijven we onze hoge kwaliteitsnormen getrouw en wordt in de komende weken en maanden alweer duidelijk dat de LCMT een op en top 'gesoigneerd' evenement blijft. Intussen ook terug met onze Borzée-etappe (MTB-liefhebbers) richting La Roche op dag 1. Waardoor de gewaardeerde nieuwe start-etappe van 2018 meteen de slotrit wordt in 2019!
Ook op de racefiets zal terug over de Col de Haussire worden geklauterd, al proberen we ook zoveel mogelijk Oostkanton-wegen te behouden.
Tot slot: triathlonvrienden, je krijgt de keuze uit 2 afstanden. Een iets lichtere (maar noem het géén 'light'!) versie naast de zware 'King of the Ardennes'. En wat cross-duathlon betreft, daar voegen we het loopparcours tweemaal daags toe aan voor hen een 'large' (géén XL dus) afstand op de mountainbike! Voor triatleten en duatleten geldt dat we pas later naar uw afstandskeuzes zullen vragen. Dus bij uw inschrijving nog géén melding maken van welke versie u verkiest. Idem voor de competitie-mountainbikers die op de 'large' willen gaan uitblinken (apart klassement daar naast de XL-afstanden).
WELKOM BACK en voor wie nog nooit van LCMT heeft gehoord: KOM PROEVEN EN WORD OOK LCMT-VERSLAAFD!
PS: in de komende dagen en weken wordt nog volop aan de update van de website gewerkt, zie bv. parcours en dergelijke...
LCMT supporting Cycling for Life (one week before re-opening the subscribe page for LCMT 2019)
NEW STYLE LCMT with starts and finishes on the football stadium of Houffalize in 2019!
- Registrations will open in september (probably for 15/9, wait or we can follow in terms of IT)
- You will be able to finish your registration in 2 steps. First for the LCMT as bicycle event itself. After that you can use to choose links online choose how and at which accommodation in Houffalize you would like to stay. Biking Events will no longer help fill out the room puzzle, the latter at the request of Hotel Vayamundo itself. All arrangements for hotel-accommodation will be accomplished with the hotel itself. It allows the LCMT-event to focus 100% on the 'biking event' itself.
- Until the end of november Vayamundo Hotel keeps all rooms open to LCMT-participants.
- The LCMT mountain bike-formula is basically a ' national ' competition for whom competition-minded.But you still can ride it as a fun-biker.
- The other formulas, such as CYCLO, COMBI and TRIATHLON remain in the same way as they exist;
- In terms of triathlon is there a distinction between the existing XL-version and a ' LESS CYCLING' version. With the latter you can as triathlete daily the LARGE (max. 100 à 120 km per day) or on the closing day also MEDIUM-mtb version and will be separate classification.
- Te final stage of the MTB version of 3 days will be limited to 75 km.
Wacht our aftermovie now (LCMT edition 2018)
CLICK to see
Jurgen Vanden Bon over-all winner of the LCMT for mountainbikers edition 2018
Voor de 39-jarige Jurgen Vanden Bon daarentegen is het zijn mooiste zege ooit, al won hij ooit ook de prestigieuze manche in Malmédy.
Good old Björn Rondelez (eindwinaar van LCMT 2000!) werd als vierde algemeen ook weer knap eindwinnaar bij de masters 40+. Terwijl Andreas Suls nog maar eens triomfeerde bij de 50-plussers.
In de COMBI-tour gaf 'tweede' Dirk Buellens de oranje leiderstrui dus door aan sterke beer en topfavoriet Tom Van Loon. Terwijl Niki Devoldere net als vorig jaar opnieuw tot 'triathlon-King' of the Ardennes werd uitgeroepen. Rinus Holvoet werd tweede en won ook het puntenklassement.
Robin Scheurmans van zijn kant was oppergelukkig met het bergklassement (Poppyshirt) waar hij als klimmer pur sang toch wel diep moest gaan. "Het reglement was duidelijk: je moest ook tegelijk bij de beste 20 passeren om jouw klimtijd te laten meetellen. Kwestie van niet toe te laten dat door extreem te doseren je voordeel kon halen tegenover de echte klassementrenners. Vond ik wel fair, ja. En het geeft een extra cachet aan de waarde van die klimmerstrui", analyseerde de Menenaar perfect.
Alle uitslagen en klassementen vind je onder resultaten! (definitieve eindstand MTB volgt pas in namiddag vandaag). En voorts volgt er straks nog een eindbalans na deze 'beste LCMT'-organisatie ooit. Want die is met 20 edities op de teller (en nu ook al 5 Cyclo's, 3 Combi's en 2 Triathlonmarathons) uitermate positief. Conclusie nu al: na 20 edities (of 19 jaar) is het LCMT-concept sterker en populairder dan ooit. Klaar om naar een feestelijke 20ste verjaardag toe te groeien, volgend jaar van 30 mei tot en met 2 juni 2019. Sommigen staan nu al te popelen om in te schrijven zowaar. Maar ook: het organisatie-team oogt sterker gestructureerd en bekwamer dan ooit. En dat laatste komt vooral uit de mond van zij die erbij waren! DANK AAN ALLE FANTASTISCHE LCMT-DEELNEMERS, want jullie zijn - volkomen binnen de LCMT-filosofie - ALLEMAAL WINNAARS gebleken. Tot de volgende!
3 sunny days and then a start in the rain on final MTB-day
Kristof Houben, leader in the mountainbike tour, could not start this morning, because of sudden illness (fever). So Jurgen Van Den Bon will probably the surprising end winner of this edition. After losing already on day 1 our 2017-winner, Patrick De Laat (could not start any more on day 2 after crashing on day 1) , a bit a disappointment of course.
Best climber Robin Scheurmans on the other hand is o so happy with his Poppyshirt! In triathlon it's another walk over by Niki Devoldere who dominates all the other athletes. Although Rinus Holvoet is also very strong.
In the COMBI-tour Tom Van Loon is on a victory tour in his 4th stage.
LCMT 2018 on going now! Follow the greatest 'all-cycling' event in Belgium here!
Check your hotel room here! Final update
Use this LINK!
Your roadbook for LCMT is coming soon now!
Useful LINK if you want to follow your favourite mountainbiker during the stages! For GPS in your car!
Great and prestigious new Leader- and Souvenir bike shirts of LCMT 2018
Your size for the LCMT souvenir T-shirt please?
English: a good tradition is the famous LCMT-T-shirt! Time to give us your size if you are one of the participants!
LINK to fill in your size!
Your starting number has been reached out!
You find those numbers here on the website under 'PARTICIPANTS'.
Some interesting figures now:
160 competition-bikers versus 227 fun-mountainbikers... 4 ladies in the competition-bike tour and 42 ladies all together in this LCMT. Also 5 bike friends "aus Deutschland" and 117 cycling fanatics from Holland.
In the famous triathlon 3 ladies amongst 27 gentlemen.
If you are part of the 'elite' it means you will become 23 this year or will not yet become 40 years this year. If you are 'master 1', this means you celebrate at least 40 years in 2018. When 'master 2' = you will become 50 years or more this year. For the road tour (CYCLO) we make a calculation for gold -silver - bronze (average speed) but give some more time if you are NOT elite or male cyclist.
Professional mechanics from Fiets.be in coming LCMT-event!
Bye bye winter, up to a warm and sunny LCMT-summer!
Some new partners will also be introduced coming days and weeks. Also on the 4 bike-shirts, we will announce this week what sponsors will be printed. COMPEX, HOTEL VAYAMUNDO are already certain to be on the shirts. More names later this week! It is also your last week to order this great souvenir-shirt.
Time to get your personalized LCMT-outfit! Go to the Bio-Racer webshop to order it!
Only temporary open the webshop, if you want to be sure of receiving your order at the start of the event: click on this LINK and start to enjoy shopping in the world of Bio-Racer, Belgium's greatest bikewear manufacturer!
A warming up movie can be watched on our LCMT-Channel: PROMOTIONAL MOVIE
Let LOVE rule in the new significance of our LCMT-brand: welcome to LOVE Cycling Mountainbiking Triathlon!
- Because multisporting is really boosting.
- Because LOVE apparently more than a 'LIFE' for the bike, or maybe a little too social media-liking LIKE over-ruled this open 'poll'.
- LOVE, that is love for your sport, but it breathes also the typical 'warm' and jovial atmosphere where LCMT more than any other event. And the mission to which we commit ourselves: ensure that 'love' is always the red wire. Friendships maintained, or in the LCMT fresh new relationships can be made. To help and assist each other. And for us who organize it: our participants are more than just customers. We continue to 'care for them.
- THANK YOU FOR THE MANY WHO HAVE VOTED! Here is the score distribution in a beautiful statistic. And in the meantime also congratulations to the 5 cycle-shirt-winners:XAVIER VERMEEREN, STIJN DE KEYSER, THOMAS beirnaert, aged WESLEY ROSE and BERRY OOMEN, you get a bike-shirt customized with your application in Houffalize mid-may!
New name for the LCMT: choose your favourite subtitle now!
Make your choice and perhaps you win the new LCMT-cycle shirt from Bio-Racer...
Use this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScd9EoafzNbNfZ_QC2aGxSMnY7mGtHzNg297LC26iIebqUyxA/viewform
LCMT is FULL: +600 riders
For combi and triathlon you can still subscribe, though there too it's getting close now.
In the mean time we can officially publish the news that our very special triathlon-formula is accepted to be part of the LBFTD, the Triathlon-Federation of French speaking Belgium!
Enjoy also the exploration movie of our new 1st MTB-stage on Facebook (posted 6 December)
Interesting graphics on the LCMT-stages!
Some very remarkable statistics on the speed of subscribing for LCMT
We must say THANKS to all loyal participants who became real LCMT-ambassadors and help to spread the message towards their fellowmen who only discover the charming aspects of our Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour. We do know that still a big margin is left to get more road-cyclists and even triatletes. In the mean time, the LCMT is more than ever the one and only more-days mountainbike classic in Benelux. Because of you who choose to join us!
Merry Christmas & a very sporting & healthy New Year!
Never seen before: even 40th biker in competition tour receive prize-money!
Also daily top-10 prize-money and a special for the 3 best ladies (100 - 60 - 40 EUR). Still many product prizes to win.
As for the COMBI-tour and TRIATHLON we still focus on valuable prizes in products to be won!
You are a fun-biker/cyclist and non-competitive? No problem, the 4000 EUR in products will also be distributed in special tombola and facebook actions!
Final day of LCMT mountainbike tour a bit shorter (81 km)
Other changes: first 'boucle' (circle formed tour) will be 3rd of 2017-edition and about 10 km shorter than it was originally. Second 'Boucle' will be first 'boucle' of 2017: 34 km including the Côte de St.-Roch. Finally the last boucle will count 27 km.
As for the triatletes there will be first a swimming part in the Lake of Nisramont. As a consequence of that, they will first bike half of the 2nd Boucle (17km) before entering their next Boucle of 27 km or a total cycling distance of 44 km. Boucle 1 for them is no longer on the mountainbike, but will be part of their final running track (20 km).
Simultanously we decided also to organize start & finish of this final MTB-stage also in the Hotel Vayamundo area. So no finish in the busy center of Houffalize.
CHECK OUT ALL PARCOURS INFO NOW!
Survey after LCMT 2017 & 10 winners!
Fun and exciting survey film after edition 2017! A free ticket for Stijn Dekeyser in addition. In addition, vouchers for Berry Oomen and Dean Mertens. Plus, 9 LCMT sweaters are divided. As long as stocks last and we will find your size in the remaining stock. It may also be an LCMT sweater from earlier editions. But therefore no less new and still quality! So respond quickly if your name appears here. In the meanwhile, already 150 participants (up to 12 days open). Oh soon, we will also name this new chronometer company soon (choice is made!). LINK TO VIDEO
Visiting a special person: Oliver, "Ollie" Schouppe
13 h 30. Special moment: handing over the LCMT-donation to Oliver ' Ollie ' Schouppe. For the occasion, his parents have the LCMT-jersey with them. Oliver pulls it on and poses proudly with me for the photo. On behalf of the LCMT organization and participants I was allowed to transfer to the family Schouppe this 800 EUR. A small gesture but apparently big support that was accepted with gratitude. Good luck and go on, Ollie! We continue to follow you on your way back to ' bicycle '. You talked already about your comeback on a tandem bicycle. Looking forward to that, I am deeply impressed by your courage & positivism. It features of course the great sportman that you are.
21 October. Let's reconsider a few things, 2 days after our meeting, one day after our internal LCMT-work meeting last night. If it's up to us there will there be a sequel-action, LCMT 2018 = 20 years = also searching to accomplish a ' higher ' goal that goes beyond the pure sports experience. Something that BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER, especially after an accident ... Ideas bubbling on. We hope to work them out in consultation with the family and Ollie itself. (to be continued?)
Re-opening Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour 2018: 30 september at 10.15 hrs
Enjoy this LCMT 2017 aftermovie!
Click here to find the link on our LCMT video channel and watch the AFTERMOVIE!
Patrick De Laat, another Holland winner in the hardest MTB Tour of the Benelux, but triatlete Niki Devoldere King of the Ardennes!
Thanks to all riders, bikers, but also to our crew members and sponsors! Up to LCMT 2018 (20nd edition)!
We can announce already that although we do not think it still can be 'hotter' after this year's edition, the 2018 LCMT (10 - 13 May) will be great again.
All riders will receive a digital inquiry in which you can give your opinion on several services. As a matter of fact, if less is more, we are convinced that our next step will be a bit less work for current people who run this event during the whole year and put their shoulders under the whole package during the 4 days. So we will start up the searching for a few extra high quality assistants who can take over some of the responsabilties. You can help us to keep up this already high standards by spreading the news. As for the competition riders we apologize not being able to publish the final results on day 3. Some technical problems with the time registrations urged us to wait another night before launching this online. We also will consider this aspect as a priority for our competition tour. It's an aspect that needs to be outsourced completely, so we only co-operate with a time registration company that does take this in a 100% engagement.
Actualities during this LCMT on Facebook!
LCMT, gezellig, gemoedelijk maar vooral SUPER!
Daily program here beside and under 'parcours'
LINK to ROADBOOK LCMT 2017
New system for the King of the Mountains (MTB) and no more GPS-files before
Points to win on each climbing: 12 - 10 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1
As we are convinced that our crew will make great work of all tracks (putting the signs everywhere you might need them), we do not spread any longer our GPS-information before. We also want avoid any fraud by cutting off some of the tracks by competition bikers.
OPEN "Boucles d'Houffalize" on Sunday 28 of May supporting OLLIE SCHOUPPE and his 2 kids...
The Boucles D ' houffalize modifies by return his social objective. 10 EUR will NOT like before transferred to a humanitarian project in Africa. Although this also is our concern and attention, we recently were more affected by the suffering that one of our loyal participants is badly injured and lost his wife in a tragic car accident. 10 EUR/subscriber will be adressed towards Oliver Schouppe (former LCMT-participant and normally back with us in coming event) who is still fighting to recover. He and two kids still mourn about the loss of their beloved wife and mother, Ilde Cleemput
A maximum of 400 day-tickets will be set available from February 1st till May 21th at last.
More details (e.g. about tarifs) here: www.bouclesdhouffalize.be
Leader jerseys LCMT 2017: mountainbike, combi-tour, triathlon + SOCKS for all of you
We are also happy to announce that ALL LCMT RIDERS CAN RECEIVE A PAIR OF BIKE-SOCKS8 All you have to do is fill in your foot-size. Use this link
Newsletter LCMT 30 March
Ask now your personalized LCMT-bike shirt and short + socks!
Click here to order!
Not to forget: do your payment at the same time. We only send through paid orders to Bio-Racer. Thanks for your understanding.
Do you still have to finish your payment? How to log in and check your data?
- Button 'to subscribe' or go straight to www.lcmt.bike
- Use your e-mailaddress (the one you used to subscribe) + password
- Lost your password? Ask a new one -->will be sent automatically to your mailbox
- You have access again to verify what you wanted. And you can see also if your payment has been verified by us (status!)
- If it seems something is not as you thought to have asked for, contact us! Also if something must be changed. Only our 'admin' has the facility to modify anything on your participation.
- What can be done by you? If you are main-booker, it's only you that has the power to add another cyclist under your name.
WIN2 & Telenet new partners of the LCMT event
The official LCMT-cycling jersey (also for over-all leader in MTB-tour)
And look at the chest: Edition 2017 for framing. Already... registered, but not yet thought about demanding this TOP-shirt? Contact us for your order!
Wanted: retro stories going back in time
FIETS.nl magazine partner LCMT 2017
For the record: FIETS.nl is a well-respected Dutch cycling magazine having a rich tradition of well-informed stories & photography always focussing on what's inspiring all cycling fanatics: bicycle innovation, preparation, mechanics, food & drinks and of course searching for the best locations to enjoy cycling, such as the environment in which the Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour is situated!
Welcome back@LCMT, FIETS!
Room list in hotel during LCMT
Click here if you stay in Hotel Vayamundo
Click here if you stay in Hotel du Commerce (centre of Houffalize)
LCMT wishes you a very Happy New Year!
Video time: exploring LCMT-trails in December!
Best Wishes & Merry Christmas, with MUC-OFF as new LCMT-partner (for your Christmas/goodiebag)
Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour 2017 WITH HOTEL sold out!
The system to subscribe WITH hotel is still open. But please understand that we only keep it open if you accept this to be on a waiting list. In other words: if some place in the hotels still comes free, we follow the order of this list to fill in those place. We will contact every cyclist that is subscribing now personally.
We want to say thank you to ALL SUBSCRIBED LCMT-riders. Never before the hype around this great cycling & mountainbike event was so huge. We are now working harder than ever to make sure your event in May will be a superb experience.
In the mean time we continue to make deals with our partners (new and loyal old ones). This will result in a fantastic prizemoney (competitions) & very nice goodie bad. Also the recreative cyclists keep their chance on winning beautiful cycling linked products (facebook and other quiz-like competitions).
History Tour@LCMT1999 : Big adventure, in 9 days from the Netherlands over Ardennes to Belgian Coast!
Sold out already: family- and singlerooms in the hotel
Congratulations to LILIANE MEGANCK, she wins the Poppyshirt (Armistice action)
11 November-action today: get your LCMT-participation & win the official Poppyshirt & -short as well!
Welcome on the new website of the LCMT!
Do I choose for mountainbike, road cycling of both? Or even triathlon or cross-duathlon!
3 more options are now to be considered: the 'combination tour', whicht is on day 1 & 3 = use your road bicycle; on day 2 & 4 = go on your mountainbike!
Or you may ride the 4 days triathlon "King of the Ardennes": running, swimming and 3 days road cycling + final day on the mountainbike!
Now to complete our story we added the cross-duathlon: 3 days mountainbike, but also 2 times a day a trail run is waiting for you! Make a choice and achieve your personal goals!
Wat wordt het straks voor jou?
- MOUNTAINBIKE: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 keuzes uit COMPETITIE XL-afstand, COMPETITIE 'large-afstand' en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- CYCLO: weg-3-daagse 30/5 - 1/6 keuze uit CHRONO (goud - zilver - brons) XL-afstand of Large-afstand en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- COMBI-TOUR: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF XL-afstand (dag 1 en 3 op de koersfiets, dag 2 en 4 op de mountainbike, laatste dag wel slechts de 'large'-mtb)
- TRIATHLON: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF maar 2 afstandkeuzes zijnde XL-triathlon en 'Large'-triathlon (bij dit laatste fiets je 3 dagen 'Large'-cyclo). 3 dagen op de koersfiets, laatste dag 'Large'-MTB, aangevuld met loop- en zwemproeven (details onder triathlon-pagina).
- CROSS-DUATHLON: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF, dagelijks eerst 6 km lopen, dan de 'Large-MTB-etappe' en finaal nog eens 6 km lopen.
How to arrange lodgings?
With or without our hotel formula? This is entirely up to you! Go to our REGISTER page. First things first = to subscribe for our cycling & mountainbike tour, make a choice whether you want to mountainbike, cycle on road bike. Or perhaps you prefer the 'combi'-formula, the challenge of triathlon or cross-duathlon.
Also to be mentionned under mountainbike or road tour: with or without timings.
For your lodgings, several options available, but most participants will first check facilities in Vayamundo Hotel in Houffalize. This hotel will keep all rooms 'exclusively' for LCMT-riders untill 30 November only.
Of course, it's also possible to arrange your own lodgings elsewhere. Anyway, one can subscribe only till the LCMT is fully booked (600 tickets). By subscribing before New Yearsday, you are allowed only to pay a 100 EUR downpayment. The rest can be done before end of February. Cancelling is still possible, read our special terms on that particular subject in 'regulations' (under INFO).
What kind of a cyclist am I?
If you can say YES to one of the following describings, the LCMT is certainly typecasted for you!
- Competitive cyclist and having a good basic condition & well trained? --> choose XL-rides with or without time registration
- Recreative biker but pretty well trained and you are kicking on climbings (and downhills)? --> choose the XL or why not someday a Large-track >
- You kick on competition but on shorter distances? --> from now on also the 'large'-distance in our mountainbike tour will result in a seperate ranking. Same story for our triathlon!
- Recreative biker with busy job and sometimes a lack of training time? --> use the LCMT tour to get in your best shape again! --> go for ‘medium’-distances or perhaps the 'large'-stages!