FLANDERS FIELDS GRAVEL TOUR powered by LCMT
FAQ & video presentation
1) Can I also participate in the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour with an MTB or cyclocross bike?
Answer: yes, on day 3 the “Roubaix stage” is even possible with a regular racing bike provided that you choose an appropriate (thicker) tire choice. Stage 2 is very suitable on a mountain bike if you do not (yet) have a gravel bike. We are currently investigating whether there are gravel bike manufacturers who would like to rent out some gravel bikes for promotion and testing for these three days. And what are the conditions for using such a bicycle for 3 days? It goes without saying that the bicycle must be returned in the same condition afterwards. The possibility of subsequent purchases must also be included in this rental option.
2) Can I handle those daily distances?
Answer: There are also shorter versions every day with the exception of the opening stage. At 123 km, the 1st ride is also not something for untrained legs. But we assume that anyone who opts for the full 3 days will be able to easily digest those largely flat 123 km. Given the time of year (end of May), anyone who includes this Flanders Fields Gravel Tour in their program should have sufficient preparation time to be able to physically handle this. For comparison: the Ardennes stages in the LCMT mountain bike tour were always around 90 km, unpaved, many elevation meters and even the often rocky descents required effort and energy.
3) What do I get for my registration amount?
Answer: a high-quality Herfenking cycling jersey, retail value €79, is automatically included in the package. Both for those who ride the full 3-day event and those who can only cycle the weekend stages. Furthermore, the goodie bag is not to be missed, €10 goes to the good “make PEACE not war cause" and you will of course enjoy the signposted top course, supplies, technical assistance, etc. We are convinced that you will come for either the 3-day or Only the weekend formula gives you a lot of value for your money.
4) Can I get accommodation through the organization?
Answer: the youth hotel 'De Iep' already makes 60 beds available that can be booked through the organization. The price for this will be very democratic. In any case, with breakfast and the rooms, which usually have 4 beds, can also be filled by 2 or by 3 without additional costs being charged to the participants. We are also looking at 2 or 3 other similar complexes in the nearby area to see if the same is possible. As soon as a concrete quote has been agreed with those accommodations, you will be able to book them directly online with us. If you are interested, please send an email in advance so that we can keep you informed.
5) How is the 'chrono' organized?
Answer: either via Strava (most people already know this principle, the technical explanation is communicated to everyone anyway. Or via a specialized company. However, for the latter - especially because it is the 1st Flanders Fields Gravel Tour - we require a minimum number of participants who are willing to pay an additional amount of EUR 10 for this. Or we must succeed in finding a sponsor for this (currently the plan) so that every participant can participate in that chrono formula at no additional cost. 2 demarcated chrono zones are organized every day. provided for this time recording. The intention is of course that outside those chrono zones you respect the highway code as well as other road users. How long will those 'chrono zones' be? This depends on their selectivity and the permission to work with signalers here (at any crossings or turns). The 'chrono' remains unofficial. The Flanders Fields Gravel Tour is therefore not an official cycling race or 'race'.
Daily start of each stage at the Crack-stadium of KVK Westhoek (football club)
The organization of the first Flanders Fields Gravel Tour is taking shape. We have an agreement with KVK Westhoek – the football club from Ypres in the 2nd national amateur division – to organize the reception and the start there every day. There are plenty of showers and changing rooms in the catacombs of this footbal ground. And the cafeteria is also large enough to serve as reception area in the morning. In addition, there is a lockable area where your bicycle can be temporarily stored safely (of course also guarded). There is ample parking in the area (see plan). Easily accessible via the Zuiderring and yet close to the center of the fortified city of Ypres. The intention is to finish at least the final stage on the Grote Markt (central square) in Ypres, because it feels so much greater after a final passage through the famous Menin Gate. So via the Menin Street (and Biking Box bicycle experience center) you will make a finish in style at the historic and a very impressive Grote Markt. From there you can cycle back to the football stadium within 2 kilometers, if you want to shower and change there afterwards or perhaps take your parked car again.
Get this unique and very stylish Poppy-Gravel bicycle shirt!
During this Christmas period, many of us are quietly starting to define our cycling dreams and ambitions for next season. The LCMT-new style in 2024 will therefore be a gravel tour: In Flanders Fields and including a portion of historic cobblestone zones from Paris-Roubaix on the final day.
2 daily timed zones will be announced later for those who enjoy a bit of competition. But also and especially the unique and very stylish souvenir shirt, the Poppy Graveltour jersey - included in your registration package! - appeals to the imagination and should convince you to come over for this 3 days Gravel Tour In Flanders Fields? View the preliminary shirt design here and know that you will get your own FIRST NAME + NAME (or 'nickname' if you prefer) printed on the back (shoulder height).
Member of your own cycling club? Maybe you and your club friends can send us your own club logo? This will also be applied to the side panels, so that the shirt will be completely personalized.
We are now busy reconfirming and looking for (new) sponsor partners. The goodie bag will certainly contain a lot of 'delicious' and 'interesting' items. Registering now is worth it, because until mid-January at a discounted rate!
Date and tariffs are fixed now: 24 till 26 May and all-in arrangement from 199 EUR incl. Poppy-Flanders Fields Gravel-jersey!
After consultation with the local Ypres hotels and the City of Ypres, the organization date of the first Flanders Fields Gravel Tour has now been definitively determined. The three-day gravel tour will kick off on Friday, May 24. A weekday, we realize that. But a weekend at the end of May in which sufficient accommodation capacity for the participants can be guaranteed. And enough space in the already busy touristy Ypres to neatly plan this Flanders Fields Gravel Tour during that weekend.
Anyone who really gets a kick out of gravel bikes and who wants to fully take on the sporting challenge will hopefully be able to get 1 or 2 days off from work to be there on Friday for the opening stage. For those who are unable or unwilling to do so, we will retain the weekend formula. Both are possible and always including the unique and personalized Poppy-Flanders Fields Gravel cycling jersey retail value 79 EUR). The only difference will be the commemorative medal that can also be obtained. For this you actually have to be at the start for 3 days.
Please note that EUR 10 of your participation will also go to a Make Peace Not War-selected charity. More about that later.
Initially, the registration price (excluding accommodation to be booked separately by you) is EUR 199 for the 3-day event (with goodie bag, commemorative medal, cycling jersey and of course the full package service during and after the stages, in accordance with what was also customary in the LCMT) . Early booking pays off, because after January 24 there will be an additional charge of EUR 10.
Weekend only? Available for only EUR 139, also including the cycling jersey, which already represents a value of EUR 79.
Registrations open on November 11. Use the correct link, either above or via www.flandersfieldsgraveltour.bike
We are still updating www.lcmt.be, but know that all the most up-to-date information can be found on the flandersfieldsgraveltour.bike website.
Flanders Fields Gravel Tour powered by LCMT (18 - 20 May 2024, Pentecost)
The new style LCMT (22 editions organized since 1999) will resolutely opt for gravel in 2024 and rename itself for the occasion as “Flanders Fields Gravel Tour powered by LCMT”.
- In its pioneering years, the Low Countries' Mountain Bike Tour was the first multi-day organizer of MTB events to connect the rolling Dutch Limburg and the Ardennes with the Flemish Ardennes and West Flemish Heuvelland (or Flanders Fields). Afterwards, the LCMT evolved into a pure Ardennes adventure during the Ascension weekend. In addition to new formulas such as the CYLCO, the COMBI tour, a Cross-duathlon and even a real triathlon. After several difficult (covid) years, organizer Biking Events wants to organize a 'powered by LCMT' three-day gravel event starting on Friday 24 May, till Sunday 26 May 2024. With interesting foothills in Northern France and the infamous cobblestones of Paris-Roubaix as a dessert on the final day .
- We choose Ypres for this three-day trip, where Biking Box (Cycling Experience Center) is also located. In the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour we connect two famous cycling classics, gravel-wise: Ghent-Wevelgem (with a start in Ypres since 3 years ago) and Paris-Roubaix. We also cycle past the many sites of the First World War (Battle of Passchendaele) and pass by KOERS! (Roeselare cycling museum). This LCMT new style focuses fully on the many cycling assets that the Westhoek and Northern France (French Flanders) have to offer.
- As a participant you will be able to choose the formula WITH or without accommodation. The fascinating tourist infrastructure in and around Ypres offers something for everyone (budget). In this way, the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour powered by LCMT becomes an all-in happening again. A cycling experience party spread over 3 days (and nights).
- Participation is possible in 3 ways: whether you ride the full 3-day Gravel Tour (incl. a precious souvenir), or you can only ride the 2 weekend rides, or you register for 1 stage on Saturday (stage 2 that is kind of a gravel version of what one can experience when riding Ghent-Wevelgem).
- The proven success ingredients of the LCMT are incorporated into the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour. A beautiful course, excellent supplies, a well-organized all-in package, lots of atmosphere in the après-bike moment afterwards and a well-stocked nice goodie bag. The unique commemorative cycling shirt (linked to the 'Poppy shirt' distributed by Biking Box) is in principle always part of this. You also support a 'Make Peace Not War' charity! And you can have it personalized with your own club logo (detailed information will follow).
- You can ride the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour with a gravel bike, mountain bike or cyclocross bike. Along the way, at least 1 'chronozone' will be indicated every day where anyone who wishes can compete with the others. Not an official cycling race, but a sporting test of strength on a very selective piece of off-road.
- The three-day Gravel Tour will also be included in the cycling calendar of the Flanders Cycling Federation (so anyone who has a permit as a cycling tourist or rider does not have to pay additional insurance).
- Early registration pays off: those who register before January 15 can do so at a favorable rate and also have a chance to win extra rewards.
Lodgings during your mountainbike holiday in Ardennes
The upcoming LCMT mountain bike holiday as we will call it in 2023 already offers direct opportunity to register for the MTB experience and to stay overnight. We now have agreements with 3 accommodations.
On the one hand and can be booked directly through us: the Youth Hostel of Bevercé (Malmédy), at 60 EUR per night (2 nights min. Possibly also the night before with dinner each time). Use the registration system that you can also access via our REGISTRATION webpage. And add your requested arrangement in terms of accommodation!
On the other hand, we also offer direct accommodation via 2 nice and high-quality hotels: the Daft Hotel (click on the link!) for which we will pass on the correct price per person (based on the type of rooms and glampings) during the spring break. Also just agreed: the MY HOTEL, where you can book a double room for 2 nights (currently scheduled from 19 to 21 May) for only EUR 127 per person (2 nights), half board! Strong conditions, given that this is also a brand new accommodation. How to book My Hotel? You send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org while mentionning the promo code 19-21/05 LCMT. On that moment you 'll get the advantage tariff. Also not forget to say that this a half-pension (breakfast and evening dinner) formula!
Now developping: 1st edition of the new Flanders Fields Gravel Tour (Ypres, end of August '23)
Biking Events (since 1999 organizing also the LCMT mountainbike tour in the Belgian Ardennes) is launching a new cycling event: the 1st Flanders Fields Gravel Tour. Also a three-day tour, but now from the home base where Biking Box Cycling Experience Centre is located: YPRES! With this we are fully committed to the many cycling and historical assets that Flanders Fields offer.
Recently we have been working hard behind the scenes to make this unique gravel three-day event possible in 2023. In close collaboration with the Royal Ypres Cycling Club, which itself will be responsible for the international UCI junior race "Route des Géants" on August 27, we will soon also officially present this new top weekend in terms of cycling experience in Ypres and the Westhoek.
The proven success ingredients of the LCMT are incorporated into the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour. An excellently arranged all-in package, coupled with the option to book accommodation immediately.
A maximum of 550 participants (by analogy with the nearly 55,000 names on the Menin Gate Memorial) can obtain a participation certificate as soon as registrations are opened.
On the final day it will also be possible for 'locals' to register for that one day only (always subject to registration in advance, so no longer the day itself). And there is the option to sign up as a 'gravel' cyclist for 'Coureur & Entrepreneur', a previously successfully proven bicycle concept for cycling entrepreneurs who get to know each other better in a cycling atmosphere. “Coureur & Entrepreneur” was already a direct hit in 2022, then only with a guided tour on the road. Now that the off-road option of the Gravel Tour also becomes possible at the same time, a maximum of 30 Coureur & Entrepreneur tickets for the Gravel portion will be made available.
You can ride the Flanders Fields Gravel Tour with a gravel bike, mountain bike or cyclocross bike.
The three-day Gravel Tour is also included in the cycling calendar of Cycling Flanders (those who have a license as a cycling tourist or cyclist do not have to pay any additional insurance).
Pending the official press presentation, as well as the new specific website, we as an organization will now first strive for all necessary permissions, in particular for the course section that we would love to run partly on northern French roads. To be continued.
First Flanders Fields Gravel Tour, a new Biking Box-project end of August '23
Biking Events is launching a new cycling event: the 1st Flanders Fields Gravel Tour, from the home base where the Biking Box Cycling Experience Center is located: YPRES! With this we are fully committed to the many cycling assets that the Westhoek has to offer. Will this work in 2023? It indeed looks that way. From Friday 25 to Sunday 27 August we hope to be able to set out 3 challenging gravel rides. This will be done in close cooperation with the Royal Yperse Cycling Club (also organizer of the Kattekoers and La Route des Géants). Currently, a lot of work is still going on behind the scenes. But we hope to be able to announce this officially and with complete information as soon as possible. The tried and tested principles of the LCMT will in any case also be incorporated, being an all-in arrangement linked to the option to book accommodation directly. The latter partly due to our new booking module, which we have been working on for some time. That module is now complete and it is only a matter of entering all the input (read: finding accommodation providers willing to also offer overnight arrangements via the registration module).
Of course you will find all about this new Graveltour on a brand new website, which now to be developped. All will be announced smoothly from half January!
Enjoy again this 2022 edition of LCMT, for the first time with start/finish in Stavelot, raising cycling star in the Belgian Ardennes!
Interested in participating edition 2023? Keep on following the story on this website. From September 1, you will discover all the news and ideas about 2023! Save the date: once again Ascencion Weekend, mid-May 2023 !
Palmares LCMT 2022
Classement final MTB xl
1. Thomas SPRENGERS (total time 12.20.37)
2. Kenneth Coomans at 20'16
3. Lander Sels at 53'41
Masters 1: Jo Vertongen
Masters 2: Tom Struyven
Ladies: Karen Steurs
Large-distance: 1. Mario Kaulard - 2. Kenny Roelandt - 3. Ruben Verhees
1. Patrick DE LAAT (total time 15.24.13)
2. Jonas Quartier at 9'25
3. Stijn Deruyter at 1h07'47
1. Steven DICK (total time 16.25.48)
2.Kris Jennes at 1h38'22
3. Johan De Bent at 1h54'45
CYCLO (non-official, only time registration): Tom Swartelé (total time: 11.20.40); Lion Trommer (total time: 11.32.21); Dominiek Meurisse (total time: 11.48.07)
Daily results on this website: LCMT 2022 see results-page
We publish daily all results of this LCMT with time registration: see webpage results
Roadbook LCMT 2022
Dear rider, with this LINK you can find the ROADBOOK of LCMT 2022!
Practical information towards the start of LCMT in Stavelot
Anyone who has booked a stay in La Fraineuse (ADEPS center, Avenue Amédée Hesse in Spa) will find an overview of all allocated rooms or chalets under this LINK. Practical information (such as key pick-up) is also explained there.
In this news item we also provide a lot of practical information about the start of the first LCMT in 3 years, for the first time in Stavelot.
* collection of starter packs in the STAVELOT sports hall: for CYCLO, TRIATHLON and COMBI only on Thursday morning (1st stage start) between 7:45 am and 9:45 am - for MTB and CROSS-DUATHLON it is also possible to pick up on Thursday afternoon between 4 and 6 pm in the same Stavelot sports hall to pick up your package. The pick-up time there is also planned on the morning of the first stage, so Friday 27 May from 07:45.
* parking in and around Stavelot is very accessible. Most parking zones are free. Here's a brief overview:
- near the sports hall and at the football stadium of RCS Stavelot (in front of the football stadium, however NOT on Thursday morning because there is also a tourist bike ride there)
- along the Route de Challes
- at the abbey (drive up to the back)
- Stavelot market square (but bumpy cobblestones there)
- near the shopping center (e.g. at Okay...)
- Spa Racing: corner of Rue St.-Laurent and Route de Malmédy
If you don't mind a little warm-up: 5 km from the start in Malmédy, there are also a lot of car parks, including at the local football stadium of RFC Malmundaria.
* GPS files will be delivered to all participants via DIRECT E-MAIL and this at the latest 3 days before the start. Why not sooner? To accommodate late course changes if they still need to be implemented.
* Interested in sports massage after the ride(s): reserve your place already on this phone number: +32 485 94 50 45 Massages will take place both at the arrival area (football stadium RCS Stavelot) and in the ADEPS center of La Fraineuse, but this last only in the evenings. The COMPEX electrostimulation devices will also be available to recover the tired muscles as quickly as possible.
* finish of each chrono stage: under the finish arc, only the start mat will only be passed after a run-up phase, this to avoid 'traffic jams' and drumming.
* roadbook with all further practical information will be emailed to every participant in the weekend before the start. However, most information about the course and starting times can already be found on this website.
* yes, there's filming again! Our video team will try to portray the event nicely with daily videos and impressions.
* from now on no more cancellations possible, unless you introduce a replacement yourself (on May 18, 1 week before the start), so no more free transfers. Thank you for understanding.
Time to get your ICONIC LCMT-Jersey!
Now it is time to order your ICONIC jersey of LCMT: CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO!
Link to the webshop!
No better souvenir to bring home after your Ardennes cycling adventure in LCMT! Our LCMT-webshop under Bio-Racer is open till 7 March! Same shirts will be the leader jerseys in different competitive formats. But even as a fun-biker/rider you will be pride to wear it an bring it home. Also available: winter-vests or sleeveless summer shirts! All orders and payments are done straight between you and our manufacturer, Bio-Racer. They will provide all products in time, so we can give you what you ordered on Day 1 of the LCMT.
LCMT reveals everything now: see the video with all about stages, profiles, maps...
Have a look at this video (link) to study maps, profiles and lots of other technical information!
Choose your distance in LCMT: XL, large or medium?
The LCMT is tailor-made for everyone, provided that the necessary physical preparations are taken into account. Not everyone has the capacity to cover the full distances for 3 or 4 days. Age, or available training time for those who have other, e.g. professional obligations, largely determines your cycling pleasure. Is the XL distance that is presented perhaps a bit too much? For that reason, the LCMT also offers shorter variants, referred to here as 'large' and 'medium'. On the racing bike, the 'medium' can only be obtained in advance and you will therefore only find the shortcut on GPS. For mountainbikers, all intermediate sections are again separately signposted. You will also receive a confirmation sign after each past turn with reference to the LARGE or MEDIUM choice you just made. Especially for those who cycle with time registration, it is important to take a good look there!
From now on you can pass on your choice of distance. Use this LINK and indicate which distances you will cycle daily. A second - not obligatory - question gives you the opportunity to revoke a previous formula choice with your registration. Suppose you had chosen MTB XL competition but you don't think you will get 'top' enough in May, then you can always pass on an adjustment with this link. The reverse is also possible, of course: upgrading from 'large' or 'fun rider' to XL and/or competition...
Is it important that you do this NOW? (message publication on January 26 = 4 months before the start) NO, take your time, there will be a reminder via newsletter mail anyway. At the latest 6 weeks before the start, around mid-April, you are expected to stick to your choice. Because around that time, the starting numbers will be ordered by name and the assigned numbers are of course linked to the formula you have chosen.
What if you cycle along purely recreationally, so without a chrono? Mandatory answers are then not necessary, but it does provide direction for our supply calculations to be able to estimate how many people will now cycle on the XL distance on the basis of all the information obtained? And how many opt for shorter variants. On the XL you visit 3 supply zones every day. If you drive Large or Medium, you will usually encounter less supplies along the way.
What about Combi, triathlon and duathlon? They don't have to do ANYTHING, because the distance formulas are fixed here: COMBI drivers always do the XL if they want to appear in the final classification. Triathletes also cycle the full XL distance, except for the ladies who are expected to ride the 'large' cycling distance. Duathletes always 'bike' the 'large' or therefore slightly shorter distance, since they also have to run before and after.
Palmares LCMT 2019
Winner LCMT 2019 - Jurgen VAN DEN BON (BEL)
2nd: Bart Van Driessche
3rd: Maxime Gosseries
Dames: Veronique FLORIZOONE (BEL)
Masters (40+): Jurgen Van den Bon
Masters (50 +): Kevin Holloway (ENG)
Youngsters (<23): Wout Roggeman
Best climber: Robin Schuermans wins the Poppyshirt
Stage winners LCMT (xl): Maxime Gosseries (stage 1), Jurgen Van Den Bon (stage 2), Kris Vanden Bulcke (stage 3)
1. Peter VAN LEUFFELEN (incl. 4 X stage-winner also)
2. Lieven Schroyen
3. Dirk Buellens
1. Kris JENNES
2. Steven Dick
3. Bernd Vandenberghe
Triathlon-shorter version: 1. Steven Ooms
Triathlon-Ladies: 1. Emilie Vandevoorde, 2. Astrid De Baat
1. Pieter OOMS
2. Marnick Dresen
3. Stijn Deruyter
stage-winners cross-duathlon: Manuel Dreser (st.1), Pieter Ooms (st. 2 en 3)
CYCLO: toptime by Maxime PIRARD
Runner up: Rick Van Der Sande (also best youngster)
Masters (40+): Bjorn Rondelez
Masters (50 +): Andreas Suls
King of the Mountains: Robin Schuermans wins the Poppyshirt
Combi-tour: Tom VAN LOON (2nd one former winner Dirk Buellens)
Triathlon: Niki DEVOLDERE before Rinus Holvoet (who wins by points)
Jurgen Vanden Bon over-all winner of the LCMT for mountainbikers edition 2018
Voor de 39-jarige Jurgen Vanden Bon daarentegen is het zijn mooiste zege ooit, al won hij ooit ook de prestigieuze manche in Malmédy.
Good old Björn Rondelez (eindwinaar van LCMT 2000!) werd als vierde algemeen ook weer knap eindwinnaar bij de masters 40+. Terwijl Andreas Suls nog maar eens triomfeerde bij de 50-plussers.
In de COMBI-tour gaf 'tweede' Dirk Buellens de oranje leiderstrui dus door aan sterke beer en topfavoriet Tom Van Loon. Terwijl Niki Devoldere net als vorig jaar opnieuw tot 'triathlon-King' of the Ardennes werd uitgeroepen. Rinus Holvoet werd tweede en won ook het puntenklassement.
Robin Scheurmans van zijn kant was oppergelukkig met het bergklassement (Poppyshirt) waar hij als klimmer pur sang toch wel diep moest gaan. "Het reglement was duidelijk: je moest ook tegelijk bij de beste 20 passeren om jouw klimtijd te laten meetellen. Kwestie van niet toe te laten dat door extreem te doseren je voordeel kon halen tegenover de echte klassementrenners. Vond ik wel fair, ja. En het geeft een extra cachet aan de waarde van die klimmerstrui", analyseerde de Menenaar perfect.
Alle uitslagen en klassementen vind je onder resultaten! (definitieve eindstand MTB volgt pas in namiddag vandaag). En voorts volgt er straks nog een eindbalans na deze 'beste LCMT'-organisatie ooit. Want die is met 20 edities op de teller (en nu ook al 5 Cyclo's, 3 Combi's en 2 Triathlonmarathons) uitermate positief. Conclusie nu al: na 20 edities (of 19 jaar) is het LCMT-concept sterker en populairder dan ooit. Klaar om naar een feestelijke 20ste verjaardag toe te groeien, volgend jaar van 30 mei tot en met 2 juni 2019. Sommigen staan nu al te popelen om in te schrijven zowaar. Maar ook: het organisatie-team oogt sterker gestructureerd en bekwamer dan ooit. En dat laatste komt vooral uit de mond van zij die erbij waren! DANK AAN ALLE FANTASTISCHE LCMT-DEELNEMERS, want jullie zijn - volkomen binnen de LCMT-filosofie - ALLEMAAL WINNAARS gebleken. Tot de volgende!
3 sunny days and then a start in the rain on final MTB-day
Kristof Houben, leader in the mountainbike tour, could not start this morning, because of sudden illness (fever). So Jurgen Van Den Bon will probably the surprising end winner of this edition. After losing already on day 1 our 2017-winner, Patrick De Laat (could not start any more on day 2 after crashing on day 1) , a bit a disappointment of course.
Best climber Robin Scheurmans on the other hand is o so happy with his Poppyshirt! In triathlon it's another walk over by Niki Devoldere who dominates all the other athletes. Although Rinus Holvoet is also very strong.
In the COMBI-tour Tom Van Loon is on a victory tour in his 4th stage.
LCMT 2018 on going now! Follow the greatest 'all-cycling' event in Belgium here!
Survey after LCMT 2017 & 10 winners!
Fun and exciting survey film after edition 2017! A free ticket for Stijn Dekeyser in addition. In addition, vouchers for Berry Oomen and Dean Mertens. Plus, 9 LCMT sweaters are divided. As long as stocks last and we will find your size in the remaining stock. It may also be an LCMT sweater from earlier editions. But therefore no less new and still quality! So respond quickly if your name appears here. In the meanwhile, already 150 participants (up to 12 days open). Oh soon, we will also name this new chronometer company soon (choice is made!). LINK TO VIDEO
Visiting a special person: Oliver, "Ollie" Schouppe
13 h 30. Special moment: handing over the LCMT-donation to Oliver ' Ollie ' Schouppe. For the occasion, his parents have the LCMT-jersey with them. Oliver pulls it on and poses proudly with me for the photo. On behalf of the LCMT organization and participants I was allowed to transfer to the family Schouppe this 800 EUR. A small gesture but apparently big support that was accepted with gratitude. Good luck and go on, Ollie! We continue to follow you on your way back to ' bicycle '. You talked already about your comeback on a tandem bicycle. Looking forward to that, I am deeply impressed by your courage & positivism. It features of course the great sportman that you are.
21 October. Let's reconsider a few things, 2 days after our meeting, one day after our internal LCMT-work meeting last night. If it's up to us there will there be a sequel-action, LCMT 2018 = 20 years = also searching to accomplish a ' higher ' goal that goes beyond the pure sports experience. Something that BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER, especially after an accident ... Ideas bubbling on. We hope to work them out in consultation with the family and Ollie itself. (to be continued?)
Enjoy this LCMT 2017 aftermovie!
Click here to find the link on our LCMT video channel and watch the AFTERMOVIE!
Patrick De Laat, another Holland winner in the hardest MTB Tour of the Benelux, but triatlete Niki Devoldere King of the Ardennes!
Thanks to all riders, bikers, but also to our crew members and sponsors! Up to LCMT 2018 (20nd edition)!
We can announce already that although we do not think it still can be 'hotter' after this year's edition, the 2018 LCMT (10 - 13 May) will be great again.
All riders will receive a digital inquiry in which you can give your opinion on several services. As a matter of fact, if less is more, we are convinced that our next step will be a bit less work for current people who run this event during the whole year and put their shoulders under the whole package during the 4 days. So we will start up the searching for a few extra high quality assistants who can take over some of the responsabilties. You can help us to keep up this already high standards by spreading the news. As for the competition riders we apologize not being able to publish the final results on day 3. Some technical problems with the time registrations urged us to wait another night before launching this online. We also will consider this aspect as a priority for our competition tour. It's an aspect that needs to be outsourced completely, so we only co-operate with a time registration company that does take this in a 100% engagement.
Actualities during this LCMT on Facebook!
LCMT, gezellig, gemoedelijk maar vooral SUPER!
Leader jerseys LCMT 2017: mountainbike, combi-tour, triathlon + SOCKS for all of you
We are also happy to announce that ALL LCMT RIDERS CAN RECEIVE A PAIR OF BIKE-SOCKS8 All you have to do is fill in your foot-size. Use this link
Do you still have to finish your payment? How to log in and check your data?
- Button 'to subscribe' or go straight to www.lcmt.bike
- Use your e-mailaddress (the one you used to subscribe) + password
- Lost your password? Ask a new one -->will be sent automatically to your mailbox
- You have access again to verify what you wanted. And you can see also if your payment has been verified by us (status!)
- If it seems something is not as you thought to have asked for, contact us! Also if something must be changed. Only our 'admin' has the facility to modify anything on your participation.
- What can be done by you? If you are main-booker, it's only you that has the power to add another cyclist under your name.
WIN2 & Telenet new partners of the LCMT event
Wanted: retro stories going back in time
FIETS.nl magazine partner LCMT 2017
For the record: FIETS.nl is a well-respected Dutch cycling magazine having a rich tradition of well-informed stories & photography always focussing on what's inspiring all cycling fanatics: bicycle innovation, preparation, mechanics, food & drinks and of course searching for the best locations to enjoy cycling, such as the environment in which the Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour is situated!
Welcome back@LCMT, FIETS!
Video time: exploring LCMT-trails in December!
History Tour@LCMT1999 : Big adventure, in 9 days from the Netherlands over Ardennes to Belgian Coast!
Congratulations to LILIANE MEGANCK, she wins the Poppyshirt (Armistice action)
11 November-action today: get your LCMT-participation & win the official Poppyshirt & -short as well!
Welcome on the new website of the LCMT!
Do I choose for mountainbike, road cycling of both? Or even triathlon or cross-duathlon!
3 more options are now to be considered: the 'combination tour', whicht is on day 1 & 3 = use your road bicycle; on day 2 & 4 = go on your mountainbike!
Or you may ride the 4 days triathlon "King of the Ardennes": running, swimming and 3 days road cycling + final day on the mountainbike!
Now to complete our story we added the cross-duathlon: 3 days mountainbike, but also 2 times a day a trail run is waiting for you! Make a choice and achieve your personal goals!
Wat wordt het straks voor jou?
- MOUNTAINBIKE: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 keuzes uit COMPETITIE XL-afstand, COMPETITIE 'large-afstand' en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- CYCLO: weg-3-daagse 30/5 - 1/6 keuze uit CHRONO (goud - zilver - brons) XL-afstand of Large-afstand en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- COMBI-TOUR: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF XL-afstand (dag 1 en 3 op de koersfiets, dag 2 en 4 op de mountainbike, laatste dag wel slechts de 'large'-mtb)
- TRIATHLON: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF maar 2 afstandkeuzes zijnde XL-triathlon en 'Large'-triathlon (bij dit laatste fiets je 3 dagen 'Large'-cyclo). 3 dagen op de koersfiets, laatste dag 'Large'-MTB, aangevuld met loop- en zwemproeven (details onder triathlon-pagina).
- CROSS-DUATHLON: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF, dagelijks eerst 6 km lopen, dan de 'Large-MTB-etappe' en finaal nog eens 6 km lopen.
How to arrange lodgings?
With or without our hotel formula? This is entirely up to you! Go to our REGISTER page. First things first = to subscribe for our cycling & mountainbike tour, make a choice whether you want to mountainbike, cycle on road bike. Or perhaps you prefer the 'combi'-formula, the challenge of triathlon or cross-duathlon.
Also to be mentionned under mountainbike or road tour: with or without timings.
For your lodgings, several options available, but most participants will first check facilities in Vayamundo Hotel in Houffalize. This hotel will keep all rooms 'exclusively' for LCMT-riders untill 30 November only.
Of course, it's also possible to arrange your own lodgings elsewhere. Anyway, one can subscribe only till the LCMT is fully booked (600 tickets). By subscribing before New Yearsday, you are allowed only to pay a 100 EUR downpayment. The rest can be done before end of February. Cancelling is still possible, read our special terms on that particular subject in 'regulations' (under INFO).
What kind of a cyclist am I?
If you can say YES to one of the following describings, the LCMT is certainly typecasted for you!
- Competitive cyclist and having a good basic condition & well trained? --> choose XL-rides with or without time registration
- Recreative biker but pretty well trained and you are kicking on climbings (and downhills)? --> choose the XL or why not someday a Large-track >
- You kick on competition but on shorter distances? --> from now on also the 'large'-distance in our mountainbike tour will result in a seperate ranking. Same story for our triathlon!
- Recreative biker with busy job and sometimes a lack of training time? --> use the LCMT tour to get in your best shape again! --> go for ‘medium’-distances or perhaps the 'large'-stages!
LCMT date now from 27 till 29 May in 2023
Important announcement: the LCMT mountain bike & cross-duathlon 2023 will move 1 week to the Pentecost weekend: Saturday 27, Sunday 28 and Monday 29 May 2023 will therefore be the 3 stage days. Reason: totally unexpected and unintentionally overlooked by the municipal government of Malmedy (excuse me, sic!) There are too many one-off other manifestations during the Ascension weekend. As a result, neither the sports hall nor the surrounding area is available to the LCMT. This was only communicated to us at the beginning of this week.
We immediately searched together for an alternative, as close as possible date. The Pentecost weekend – only 7 days later – was and is the most obvious solution. Of course we hope that you are not put off by this. An extra week of training may not even hurt that much? However, it should be clear that a month ago when the LCMT was approved in Malmedy, no one thought about the additional and one-off event crowds in Malmedy. As it is claimed there, this only applies to 2023. In 2024, the Ascension weekend would offer room for a 3-day event like the LCMT. Who knows, in the future it may sometimes be useful that we can choose between the two long weekends.