Enjoy again this 2022 edition of LCMT, for the first time with start/finish in Stavelot, raising cycling star in the Belgian Ardennes!
Interested in participating edition 2023? Keep on following the story on this website. From September 1, you will discover all the news and ideas about 2023! Save the date: once again Ascencion Weekend, mid-May 2023 !
Daily results on this website: LCMT 2022 see results-page
We publish daily all results of this LCMT with time registration: see webpage results
Roadbook LCMT 2022
Dear rider, with this LINK you can find the ROADBOOK of LCMT 2022!
Practical information towards the start of LCMT in Stavelot
Anyone who has booked a stay in La Fraineuse (ADEPS center, Avenue Amédée Hesse in Spa) will find an overview of all allocated rooms or chalets under this LINK. Practical information (such as key pick-up) is also explained there.
In this news item we also provide a lot of practical information about the start of the first LCMT in 3 years, for the first time in Stavelot.
* collection of starter packs in the STAVELOT sports hall: for CYCLO, TRIATHLON and COMBI only on Thursday morning (1st stage start) between 7:45 am and 9:45 am - for MTB and CROSS-DUATHLON it is also possible to pick up on Thursday afternoon between 4 and 6 pm in the same Stavelot sports hall to pick up your package. The pick-up time there is also planned on the morning of the first stage, so Friday 27 May from 07:45.
* parking in and around Stavelot is very accessible. Most parking zones are free. Here's a brief overview:
- near the sports hall and at the football stadium of RCS Stavelot (in front of the football stadium, however NOT on Thursday morning because there is also a tourist bike ride there)
- along the Route de Challes
- at the abbey (drive up to the back)
- Stavelot market square (but bumpy cobblestones there)
- near the shopping center (e.g. at Okay...)
- Spa Racing: corner of Rue St.-Laurent and Route de Malmédy
If you don't mind a little warm-up: 5 km from the start in Malmédy, there are also a lot of car parks, including at the local football stadium of RFC Malmundaria.
* GPS files will be delivered to all participants via DIRECT E-MAIL and this at the latest 3 days before the start. Why not sooner? To accommodate late course changes if they still need to be implemented.
* Interested in sports massage after the ride(s): reserve your place already on this phone number: +32 485 94 50 45 Massages will take place both at the arrival area (football stadium RCS Stavelot) and in the ADEPS center of La Fraineuse, but this last only in the evenings. The COMPEX electrostimulation devices will also be available to recover the tired muscles as quickly as possible.
* finish of each chrono stage: under the finish arc, only the start mat will only be passed after a run-up phase, this to avoid 'traffic jams' and drumming.
* roadbook with all further practical information will be emailed to every participant in the weekend before the start. However, most information about the course and starting times can already be found on this website.
* yes, there's filming again! Our video team will try to portray the event nicely with daily videos and impressions.
* from now on no more cancellations possible, unless you introduce a replacement yourself (on May 18, 1 week before the start), so no more free transfers. Thank you for understanding.
Time to get your ICONIC LCMT-Jersey!
Now it is time to order your ICONIC jersey of LCMT: CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO!
Link to the webshop!
No better souvenir to bring home after your Ardennes cycling adventure in LCMT! Our LCMT-webshop under Bio-Racer is open till 7 March! Same shirts will be the leader jerseys in different competitive formats. But even as a fun-biker/rider you will be pride to wear it an bring it home. Also available: winter-vests or sleeveless summer shirts! All orders and payments are done straight between you and our manufacturer, Bio-Racer. They will provide all products in time, so we can give you what you ordered on Day 1 of the LCMT.
Choose your distance in LCMT: XL, large or medium?
The LCMT is tailor-made for everyone, provided that the necessary physical preparations are taken into account. Not everyone has the capacity to cover the full distances for 3 or 4 days. Age, or available training time for those who have other, e.g. professional obligations, largely determines your cycling pleasure. Is the XL distance that is presented perhaps a bit too much? For that reason, the LCMT also offers shorter variants, referred to here as 'large' and 'medium'. On the racing bike, the 'medium' can only be obtained in advance and you will therefore only find the shortcut on GPS. For mountainbikers, all intermediate sections are again separately signposted. You will also receive a confirmation sign after each past turn with reference to the LARGE or MEDIUM choice you just made. Especially for those who cycle with time registration, it is important to take a good look there!
From now on you can pass on your choice of distance. Use this LINK and indicate which distances you will cycle daily. A second - not obligatory - question gives you the opportunity to revoke a previous formula choice with your registration. Suppose you had chosen MTB XL competition but you don't think you will get 'top' enough in May, then you can always pass on an adjustment with this link. The reverse is also possible, of course: upgrading from 'large' or 'fun rider' to XL and/or competition...
Is it important that you do this NOW? (message publication on January 26 = 4 months before the start) NO, take your time, there will be a reminder via newsletter mail anyway. At the latest 6 weeks before the start, around mid-April, you are expected to stick to your choice. Because around that time, the starting numbers will be ordered by name and the assigned numbers are of course linked to the formula you have chosen.
What if you cycle along purely recreationally, so without a chrono? Mandatory answers are then not necessary, but it does provide direction for our supply calculations to be able to estimate how many people will now cycle on the XL distance on the basis of all the information obtained? And how many opt for shorter variants. On the XL you visit 3 supply zones every day. If you drive Large or Medium, you will usually encounter less supplies along the way.
What about Combi, triathlon and duathlon? They don't have to do ANYTHING, because the distance formulas are fixed here: COMBI drivers always do the XL if they want to appear in the final classification. Triathletes also cycle the full XL distance, except for the ladies who are expected to ride the 'large' cycling distance. Duathletes always 'bike' the 'large' or therefore slightly shorter distance, since they also have to run before and after.
Jurgen Vanden Bon over-all winner of the LCMT for mountainbikers edition 2018
Voor de 39-jarige Jurgen Vanden Bon daarentegen is het zijn mooiste zege ooit, al won hij ooit ook de prestigieuze manche in Malmédy.
Good old Björn Rondelez (eindwinaar van LCMT 2000!) werd als vierde algemeen ook weer knap eindwinnaar bij de masters 40+. Terwijl Andreas Suls nog maar eens triomfeerde bij de 50-plussers.
In de COMBI-tour gaf 'tweede' Dirk Buellens de oranje leiderstrui dus door aan sterke beer en topfavoriet Tom Van Loon. Terwijl Niki Devoldere net als vorig jaar opnieuw tot 'triathlon-King' of the Ardennes werd uitgeroepen. Rinus Holvoet werd tweede en won ook het puntenklassement.
Robin Scheurmans van zijn kant was oppergelukkig met het bergklassement (Poppyshirt) waar hij als klimmer pur sang toch wel diep moest gaan. "Het reglement was duidelijk: je moest ook tegelijk bij de beste 20 passeren om jouw klimtijd te laten meetellen. Kwestie van niet toe te laten dat door extreem te doseren je voordeel kon halen tegenover de echte klassementrenners. Vond ik wel fair, ja. En het geeft een extra cachet aan de waarde van die klimmerstrui", analyseerde de Menenaar perfect.
Alle uitslagen en klassementen vind je onder resultaten! (definitieve eindstand MTB volgt pas in namiddag vandaag). En voorts volgt er straks nog een eindbalans na deze 'beste LCMT'-organisatie ooit. Want die is met 20 edities op de teller (en nu ook al 5 Cyclo's, 3 Combi's en 2 Triathlonmarathons) uitermate positief. Conclusie nu al: na 20 edities (of 19 jaar) is het LCMT-concept sterker en populairder dan ooit. Klaar om naar een feestelijke 20ste verjaardag toe te groeien, volgend jaar van 30 mei tot en met 2 juni 2019. Sommigen staan nu al te popelen om in te schrijven zowaar. Maar ook: het organisatie-team oogt sterker gestructureerd en bekwamer dan ooit. En dat laatste komt vooral uit de mond van zij die erbij waren! DANK AAN ALLE FANTASTISCHE LCMT-DEELNEMERS, want jullie zijn - volkomen binnen de LCMT-filosofie - ALLEMAAL WINNAARS gebleken. Tot de volgende!
3 sunny days and then a start in the rain on final MTB-day
Kristof Houben, leader in the mountainbike tour, could not start this morning, because of sudden illness (fever). So Jurgen Van Den Bon will probably the surprising end winner of this edition. After losing already on day 1 our 2017-winner, Patrick De Laat (could not start any more on day 2 after crashing on day 1) , a bit a disappointment of course.
Best climber Robin Scheurmans on the other hand is o so happy with his Poppyshirt! In triathlon it's another walk over by Niki Devoldere who dominates all the other athletes. Although Rinus Holvoet is also very strong.
In the COMBI-tour Tom Van Loon is on a victory tour in his 4th stage.
LCMT 2018 on going now! Follow the greatest 'all-cycling' event in Belgium here!
Survey after LCMT 2017 & 10 winners!
Fun and exciting survey film after edition 2017! A free ticket for Stijn Dekeyser in addition. In addition, vouchers for Berry Oomen and Dean Mertens. Plus, 9 LCMT sweaters are divided. As long as stocks last and we will find your size in the remaining stock. It may also be an LCMT sweater from earlier editions. But therefore no less new and still quality! So respond quickly if your name appears here. In the meanwhile, already 150 participants (up to 12 days open). Oh soon, we will also name this new chronometer company soon (choice is made!). LINK TO VIDEO
Visiting a special person: Oliver, "Ollie" Schouppe
13 h 30. Special moment: handing over the LCMT-donation to Oliver ' Ollie ' Schouppe. For the occasion, his parents have the LCMT-jersey with them. Oliver pulls it on and poses proudly with me for the photo. On behalf of the LCMT organization and participants I was allowed to transfer to the family Schouppe this 800 EUR. A small gesture but apparently big support that was accepted with gratitude. Good luck and go on, Ollie! We continue to follow you on your way back to ' bicycle '. You talked already about your comeback on a tandem bicycle. Looking forward to that, I am deeply impressed by your courage & positivism. It features of course the great sportman that you are.
21 October. Let's reconsider a few things, 2 days after our meeting, one day after our internal LCMT-work meeting last night. If it's up to us there will there be a sequel-action, LCMT 2018 = 20 years = also searching to accomplish a ' higher ' goal that goes beyond the pure sports experience. Something that BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER, especially after an accident ... Ideas bubbling on. We hope to work them out in consultation with the family and Ollie itself. (to be continued?)
Enjoy this LCMT 2017 aftermovie!
Click here to find the link on our LCMT video channel and watch the AFTERMOVIE!
Patrick De Laat, another Holland winner in the hardest MTB Tour of the Benelux, but triatlete Niki Devoldere King of the Ardennes!
Thanks to all riders, bikers, but also to our crew members and sponsors! Up to LCMT 2018 (20nd edition)!
We can announce already that although we do not think it still can be 'hotter' after this year's edition, the 2018 LCMT (10 - 13 May) will be great again.
All riders will receive a digital inquiry in which you can give your opinion on several services. As a matter of fact, if less is more, we are convinced that our next step will be a bit less work for current people who run this event during the whole year and put their shoulders under the whole package during the 4 days. So we will start up the searching for a few extra high quality assistants who can take over some of the responsabilties. You can help us to keep up this already high standards by spreading the news. As for the competition riders we apologize not being able to publish the final results on day 3. Some technical problems with the time registrations urged us to wait another night before launching this online. We also will consider this aspect as a priority for our competition tour. It's an aspect that needs to be outsourced completely, so we only co-operate with a time registration company that does take this in a 100% engagement.
Actualities during this LCMT on Facebook!
LCMT, gezellig, gemoedelijk maar vooral SUPER!
Leader jerseys LCMT 2017: mountainbike, combi-tour, triathlon + SOCKS for all of you
We are also happy to announce that ALL LCMT RIDERS CAN RECEIVE A PAIR OF BIKE-SOCKS8 All you have to do is fill in your foot-size. Use this link
WIN2 & Telenet new partners of the LCMT event
FIETS.nl magazine partner LCMT 2017
For the record: FIETS.nl is a well-respected Dutch cycling magazine having a rich tradition of well-informed stories & photography always focussing on what's inspiring all cycling fanatics: bicycle innovation, preparation, mechanics, food & drinks and of course searching for the best locations to enjoy cycling, such as the environment in which the Luxembourg Cycling & Mountainbike Tour is situated!
Welcome back@LCMT, FIETS!
Video time: exploring LCMT-trails in December!
Do I choose for mountainbike, road cycling of both? Or even triathlon or cross-duathlon!
3 more options are now to be considered: the 'combination tour', whicht is on day 1 & 3 = use your road bicycle; on day 2 & 4 = go on your mountainbike!
Or you may ride the 4 days triathlon "King of the Ardennes": running, swimming and 3 days road cycling + final day on the mountainbike!
Now to complete our story we added the cross-duathlon: 3 days mountainbike, but also 2 times a day a trail run is waiting for you! Make a choice and achieve your personal goals!
Wat wordt het straks voor jou?
- MOUNTAINBIKE: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 keuzes uit COMPETITIE XL-afstand, COMPETITIE 'large-afstand' en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- CYCLO: weg-3-daagse 30/5 - 1/6 keuze uit CHRONO (goud - zilver - brons) XL-afstand of Large-afstand en RECREATIEF (XL, Large of Medium-afstand)
- COMBI-TOUR: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF XL-afstand (dag 1 en 3 op de koersfiets, dag 2 en 4 op de mountainbike, laatste dag wel slechts de 'large'-mtb)
- TRIATHLON: vierdaagse 30/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF maar 2 afstandkeuzes zijnde XL-triathlon en 'Large'-triathlon (bij dit laatste fiets je 3 dagen 'Large'-cyclo). 3 dagen op de koersfiets, laatste dag 'Large'-MTB, aangevuld met loop- en zwemproeven (details onder triathlon-pagina).
- CROSS-DUATHLON: 3-daagse 31/5 - 2/6 enkel COMPETITIEF, dagelijks eerst 6 km lopen, dan de 'Large-MTB-etappe' en finaal nog eens 6 km lopen.
How to arrange lodgings?
With or without our hotel formula? This is entirely up to you! Go to our REGISTER page. First things first = to subscribe for our cycling & mountainbike tour, make a choice whether you want to mountainbike, cycle on road bike. Or perhaps you prefer the 'combi'-formula, the challenge of triathlon or cross-duathlon.
Also to be mentionned under mountainbike or road tour: with or without timings.
For your lodgings, several options available, but most participants will first check facilities in Vayamundo Hotel in Houffalize. This hotel will keep all rooms 'exclusively' for LCMT-riders untill 30 November only.
Of course, it's also possible to arrange your own lodgings elsewhere. Anyway, one can subscribe only till the LCMT is fully booked (600 tickets). By subscribing before New Yearsday, you are allowed only to pay a 100 EUR downpayment. The rest can be done before end of February. Cancelling is still possible, read our special terms on that particular subject in 'regulations' (under INFO).
What kind of a cyclist am I?
If you can say YES to one of the following describings, the LCMT is certainly typecasted for you!
- Competitive cyclist and having a good basic condition & well trained? --> choose XL-rides with or without time registration
- Recreative biker but pretty well trained and you are kicking on climbings (and downhills)? --> choose the XL or why not someday a Large-track >
- You kick on competition but on shorter distances? --> from now on also the 'large'-distance in our mountainbike tour will result in a seperate ranking. Same story for our triathlon!
- Recreative biker with busy job and sometimes a lack of training time? --> use the LCMT tour to get in your best shape again! --> go for ‘medium’-distances or perhaps the 'large'-stages!